Friday, February 1, 2013

January Haitianista!

With bold prints as fierce as herself, we could not resist dubbing Ms. Mariama Bramble as our first Haitianista! Check her out..

        Where: from Boston living in DC
      Occupation: Marketing Professional and Owner/Founder of Brownbelle, an internationally distributed accessory brand

"My style has definitely been inspired a lot by men’s style. I love a tailored look, but I also like pretty fabrics with movement and prints, prints and more prints. So I often say my style is afro-prep. I try to work in bold pieces as often as possible, but unfortunately I do have to be practical for work. In recent years I think that I have toned down a lot and now I go for a more feminine (which doesn't always mean sexy) classic look. Overall I think my style is constantly changing, I look for things that fit my body well, mesh well with my existing wardrobe and makes me feel good."
"Brownbelle accessories are a reflection of my wild, fiercely independent spirit with a large dose of classic sophisticated style. Every piece reflects my love of vibrant fabrics, bold patterns and textures while paying homage to traditional timeless style."
Check out her handcrafted "brownbelle" bowties, made from thrifted retro neckties, which can be purchased here

Mariama's signature afro 'do 

One thing we know for sure is that this diva reigns as a Haitianista! Tell us what you think about Mariama and her style.

To be featured as a Haitianista please see details here
Follow us on instagram @haitianistas and like us on FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment